Primary School visits to Woodside Wildlife Park are perfect for Key Stages 1 – 4 and cover a wide-range of curriculum-linked topics, such as life cycles, habitats, rain forests, predators and adaptations and lots more…
School visits are keeper-guided and start from 10:00 am. We all assemble for a safety talk, then divide into groups for a tour of the park. Guided tours enable us to meet an individual group’s educational needs, such as focusing on a specific topic, or just to ensure you enjoy a fun-filled day out.
Every hour, all the groups will meet up to listen to an educational talk delivered by one of highly trained keepers, or you may wish to participate in a feeding / handling session or animal show.
Educational visits to Woodside Wildlife Park provide your students with an up-close and personal opportunity to learn about and observe our incredible animals, exhibiting some amazing natural behaviours. Working together with you, we will plan your visit to meet the aims and educational needs of your students. A popular example is detailed below:
- 10:00 AM – Welcome – Arrive at Woodside, meet your Keeper for the day, have a quick toilet break, assemble and listen to your safety talk.
- 10:30 AM – Off We Go – We aim to start your guided tour of Woodside Wildlife Park.
- 11:00 AM – Big Cat Feeding Time – Watch our Lynx and Tiger feast on their breakfast, while our Carnivore Keeper tells you all about them, both here at Woodside and in the wild.
- 12:00 AM – Amazing Animal Show – Learn about the fantastic variety of animals from all around the world and watch them demonstrate some incredible natural behaviours in our indoor Barn Theatre.
- 12:20 PM – Lunch Time – Enjoy a well earned break and picnic.
- 13:00 PM – Penguin Feeding – Come and see our fascinating Humboldt Penguins enjoy their fish-filled lunch, while their Keeper explains all about them.
- 13:20 PM – Meet the Reptiles (Private session for school visits only) – An amazing opportunity for everyone to handle a snake, stroke a lizard and maybe even get up close and personal with a tarantula!
- 14:00 PM – Goodbye – Return to school after a happy and rewarding day at Woodside Wildlife Park.
Times and displays above are only a guide and will vary on the time of year and time your group arrives. All timings are flexible and we will accommodate your schedule.
Prior to your visit please call us for details of which displays will be available during the day, and let us know if there is anything you would especially like to see, or advise us of any special requirements you may have.