What is a cookie?
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store in your web browser or on the hard drive of your computer, but ONLY if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
- All cookies will expire after a maximum period of two years.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting in your web browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to book tickets or purchase one of our animal experiences.
- Analytical performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We may use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.